Friday, March 6, 2009

Pottery Shards



We found these pottery shards in the Ruins at Copan. There was still alot uncoverd so it makes you think how much of South+Central America hasn't been uncovered for ruins.

2 comments:

Miner Famliy said...

Gwyneth found the bigger of the two when she was grumbling and looking at the ground. It was very hot and the kids were tired, but I wanted to see more of the residential area, a hundred or so row houses. Gwyneth said, "Look what I found," and sure enough it was pottery and we quickly found two more, but then one was lost when we went swimming later. It's probably illegal to have them...Pocketing the shards reminded me of our trip to Turkey where at Ephesus there were thousands of medium sized carved granite pieces just LYING AROUND - so tempting.. We were warned at the airport check-in before we left that removing any artifacts would lead to certain imprisonment. Thank goodness I wasn't tempted to pilfer a little piece of history in Turkey - we don't speak Turkish!

Erin said...

That's so cool what you found. Have you done any research on when they would date back to?

And Gwyn - I want some name suggestions! Only 6 weeks:)