Sunday, September 18, 2011

Vacation Part I: Wisconsin

For the first part of our summer vacation we flew to Wisconsin for the Stephenson 2011 "Life's Too Short..." Family Reunion.  My dad always says, "life's too short to..." be angry, hold a grudge, get stressed out, etc.  I think he's right.  All his kids except Adam were there with their families.  Most of the kids slept in the garage with Grandma and Grandpa, so their parents could have beds.  Such sacrifice!  On the first day we started the festivities with a baseball game.  Most of the grandkids don't know how to play, so there was a lot of coaxing and cajoling!


Here's one team practicing their Eagle scream - team intimidation tactic.

Barefoot Baseball

Elise at bat with Mom as pitcher.
Camille at bat.


The zip line like we had as kids.
Getting ready for the big picture.  Can we have one Peter?


Maegan, the master of the french braid.
Canoeing with my little angel.  Lazy rivers are best for our family! - at least for now...



Camille and James, canoemates.


Elise about to jump- watch out for crocodiles!
Too bad I didn't capture Bill breaking this log with his strength.
The toddlers safely on the trampoline.  Camille doesn't gouge her leg and send us to the ER until later that night.

Saying goodbye, we love you Mom and Dad!

3 comments:

Lori Stephenson said...

I love all the pictures and the comments, how do you do the pictures in frames? very nice.

jenlinmin said...

It looks so WARM!!! We are finally getting summer here this week. I am the happiest I have been in a long time!

Heather said...

Cute picture with Grandma and Grandpa. I wish we would have gotten one. I love the picture of everyone getting ready to take the picture. Has Peter sent anyone the real one yet?